“Hermiston Herald VISA Gift Card Sweepstakes”
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF OREGON OR THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Hermiston Herald, 333 E. Main St., Hermiston, OR 97838 (Sponsor”).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 12:01 AM PT August 6, 2018 and ends 11:59 PM PT August 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the state of Oregon or the state of Washington, who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and their immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to enter the Promotion. This Promotion is void outside the state of Oregon or the state of Washington, and where prohibited.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Selection of potential winners will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or before September 10, 2018 (the “Drawing Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted for any reason; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to contact him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. After five (5) such alternate potential winners have been selected without securing an eligible winner, the prize may remain un-awarded. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be five prize winners. Each winner will receive a $50 VISA gift card. Prizes will be awarded in the order that entrants are successfully contacted following the procedures in Section 5 above.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any liability in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, taxes, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize by a winner constitutes the consent of that winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities from any Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute any necessary affidavit and release.
11. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, illegible, or incompletely received, for any reason; (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion; (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned; (iv) Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at their sole discretion without liability. (v) In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules; (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE; and (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Oregon. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List, “Hermiston Herald VISA Gift Card Sweepstakes,” 333 E. Main St., Hermiston, OR 97838.
14. NAME REMOVAL: To opt out of receiving future sweepstakes or promotional mailings, please contact us at email@example.com or Michael Keith, Director of Marketing, EO Media Group/East Oregonian, 1400 Broadway St. NE, Salem, OR 97301.
“Hermiston Herald VISA Gift Card Sweepstakes”